Tuesday, April 30, 2013

He shall be called 'Abiona'...

...Yes...Abiona is the name I would have given the child that was born in my presence by the roadside just in front of a hospital. Apparently, the heavily pregnant mother was just at the entrance of the hospital when her waters broke. Abiona in yoruba language literally means 'Born on a journey'.

I was fascinated at first from where I stood at a distance before it metamorphosed into slight disapproval of the crowd of on-lookers that had started to build-up. Trust Naija now, you will be surprised with the amount of people that had gathered. Within few minutes, some nurses with stretchers had rushed out of the hospital as I witnessed my first outdoor 'labour-room' experience. God is awesome.

Questions kept racing through my mind though, like:
"Didn't she know she was due?"
"Where is the father?"
"What about the germs in the air?"

So many other questions raced through my mind as they've been wandering for some weeks now. I'm sure you guys are weary of my blog stints every now and then. Please bear with me. It sure can't get any crazier and hectic.

I'll also use this medium to thank Relentless Builder for the 'Very Inspiring Blogger' award. Thanks!!!
This was one of the motivating factors to blog tonight plus a lovely piece sent to me through a friend last week.

In other news, I should be at LDP's wedding on May 25th, 2013. Sure it's gonna be another blogger meetup spot. I met Segun Akiode some months back at an Author's Master Class training also where I met Okechukwu Ofili (How Stupidity Saved My life), Bankole Williams (Engaged to the job I hate), Seun Salami (Son of your father's concubine) and Adeoye Adekoya (BrilliANTS).

Twas a powerful session that will make a lasting impact in my writing sojourn.
I'll respond to the award questions in subsequent posts.

Please check out our guest post by Opeoluwa Odeyemi. I saw her article on a friend's phone and just had to ask her permission to publish it here.

Trending: Viaje De La Vida by Opeoluwa Odeyemi

5 comments:

  1. So jealous of you right now, would have loved to attend LDP's wedding. And that was awesome what you witnessed, one of the miracles of life. Glad mother and baby were OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evidence God is mighty. I can't stand watching smthn like that though especially when she is nt my wife. Lol

    I look forward to meeting you face to face bro. God will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. Wld have been amazing if you could make it ma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By God's grace, we shall see. I wish you a wonderful week ahead man! Greetings to 'her' ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Myne, it was an awesome experience. A real miracle as you rightly put it. Aww...too bad you can't be at the wedding. Would have loved to have you around again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear you...