Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trade-offs in Life 1

I'm supposed to put up a post soon on this current job situation in Nigeria. The inspiration hit me while brushing today and I just kept pushing it forward.
Its very easy and logical for one to say there's no job in Nigeria.
Its one thing to get a job and its another thing to like the job. If you now get a job you like, that's a rare case.

I personally believe it's a problem of packaging and the mentality of a typical Nigerian graduate. Well, I'd just share these nuggets from the book I'm currently reading with you.

It talks about TEN Trade-offs worth making in life. I'll share 3 with you now...Stay tuned for the rest.
These are excerpts from Leadership Principles for Graduates by John C. Maxwell.

1. TRADE THE FIRST HALF FOR THE SECOND HALF
Much of the first half of life is spent paying the price for later success. The greater dues you pay now, the more they compound, and the greater the potential for a successful second half.

2. TRADE AFFIRMATION FOR ACCOMPLISHMENT
Accolades fade quickly, but your accomplishments have the potential to make a positive impact on the lives of others.


3. TRADE FINANCIAL GAIN FOR FUTURE POTENTIAL
The potential is almost always to go for the "big bucks." But seeking to have greater potential almost always leads to a higher return - including financially.

I hope you picked something?
(Will post the rest later)

Also, I found this heart-rendering story on LI's blog and I decided to throw it open to others that haven't seen it. It's the story of a young lady, Kemi, with Colon cancer that needs your urgent help. You can help save a life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear you...